Wednesday 5 June 2013

Quick blog post... talking about mobiles... and other stuff.

Completely unrelated to my recent job changes which will come into effect after John makes his appearance at Joy, I still retain the passion for mobile devices. In fact, my infatuation extends to jabbering talk to Helen when she tried to wake me up the other day, I was talking about camera comparisons, when actually I was trying to make excuses to get out of washing up before having to cook dinner, the tired mind works in crazy ways, or I'm just crazy... I blame it on my infatuation.

Anyway, I've just purchased a HP pre 3 from eBay for eighty smacks, Damn, that's a lot of mazooma for a hobby... trying to justify it in terms of UI experience is quite rich, oh well there is an element of truth in that no doubt. But I just can't wait to have that device and people second looking at it, thinking what's that... I guess it takes a certain kind of person. I have no idea how many people actually bought this device, would be an interesting thing to know how many were produced. It was the last gasp of a dying company, and OS... so I can't imagine there were many.

So far:

HTC legend
Nokia e70
HTC touch diamond
HP Pre 3

I must make a list of important mobile phones, hardware revolutionised, software experience specialties... etc. To get the list started:

HTC Google nexus one
Samsung galaxy nexus
Nokia n9
Kyocera echo

Plus many more: obviously it is not practical to think to buy them all... but some cheaper ones going on eBay would be great.

There's my thought for the day... I should be getting my phones in the near future, a few weeks or so. I will update, and hopefully take a more academic approach to reviewing analyzing these devices.

Bye.

No comments: